Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fitness NOW

I always have a hard time with my goals this time of year. I always find myself with conflicting goals. One day I'll think "I'll do a powerlifting competition this year" then the next I'll want to do a half marathon(which I am half-heartedly training for now). conceivably I could do it all!! And why not! It just takes a commitment... Maybe that's the problem. Here's how I overcome this little internal battle... Weekly goals, and I don't allow myself to worry about next week or next month when my diet and exercises regimen will be sabotaged... I tuck my chin and start walking. So here is the goal for the week. Baby steps! We all know that the HEALTHY sustainable weightless is no more than 2lbs a week.(no matter what your trainer says) The next thing that you must know is that you won't continue to do something that you absolutely hate! Step away from the green grass tasting shake that swears to take 20 lbs off by Christmas. Start with ONE activity goal and ONE nutrition goal for a week or 2 weeks. Here's an example. Nutrition goal: swap the chips for a fruit or veggie. Activity goal 30 min of planned movement a day. That can be popping in a home exercise video, using the gym membership you bought last year, or playing with your kids (or in my case dogs!) at the park! Make some goals and work through then today. Don't wait until the new year, don't wait until Monday... Just do it. Don't give yourself the opportunity to talk yourself out of what you want to do! Next week or two, make some more baby steps!



No comments:

Post a Comment