Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Part Two


The second thing is not so easy for me to fix, but it's a necessity. It’s called my wardrobe. My daily clothing is comprised of whatever dry-fit pants and top I can throw together, followed by a mess of hair that is oftentimes hidden under a hat, and normally black (ninja style). Grad school is partially to blame for my dress code apathy, I dress up when I lecture, but when I’m hidden in an office all day like a typing-trollKendi's daily fashon blog, I can’t seem to find the motivation to put on a pair of jeans, much less put effort into a whole outfit!
This dehelimma was brought to my attention by my loving best friend as she said “when are you going to stop dressing like a boy!” followed by a suggestion to look at some fashon bloggers sites. She’s right. I’m 27, I remember my first year out of undergrad…(ah so long ago) I had the clothes, and loved getting up and getting dressed in the morning. Now… not my favorite thing. Maybe it’s due to lack of exciting closet stimulus. Once again, planning, effort, and a ninja KICK out of my comfort zone. It's important to me to look like me, but maybe a put together me will go a little further than a sloppy, just rolled out of bed/workout me.
Special thanks to my office-mate, for the excellent photography, and to kendieveryday.blogspot.com(here it is) for some help in transforming this "boy dresser" into a big girl, and to my BFF, speakin the truth(don't we all need that)... now for ACTION!
That's the daily look, notice the model pose. mmhmmmm.


1 comment:

  1. You should definitely check out some fashion blogger's sites- they're great inspiration! And Kendi is one of my favorites :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete